In accordance with the Treaty of Riga, signed on the 18th March, 1921, part of Polish territory occupied by tsarist Russia after the partitions was regained by Poland, including the region of Nowogródek Voivodeship (whose area in 1921 was 22 692 km2, and the population was 800 761 people). Kleck Land included klecka, siniawska and hrycewicka districts [gminy] (of Nieśwież powiat) and since 4 May 1926 also zaostrowiecka district [gmina] (which previously belonged to łuniecki powiat in Polesie voivodeship). Currently, these districts belong to Klecki area of Minsk region (Belarus). Since the purpose of this paper is to present educational system in the pre-war Nieśwież powiat, later in the article the name „Nieswiez powiat” will refer only to the following districts [gminy]: klecka, siniawska, hrycewicka and zaostrowiecka, which together with the city of Kleck were under Kleck magistrate’s authority.
Jewish Schools Against the Background of General Education in Kleck Land of Nieśwież Powiat in Nowogródek Voivodeship in the Years 1921–1939
„Kwartalnik Historii Żydów” nr 03/2012