Competition works, printed and bound, with all required documents should be sent by mail to:
Żydowski Instytut Historyczny im. Emanuela Ringelbluma
ul. Tłomackie 3/5,
not later than on 20th February, 2014 (date of submission according to the postmark) or deliver it personally to the office of the Institute.
The entry must include:
- an application form (only digital version), which must be filled out correctly and completely
- an agreement to have your personal data processed for the purposes of the recruitment procedure signed by the author of the thesis according with the model (hard copy),
- a declaration by the thesis supervisor and the author of the thesis that the thesis was written independently and that there is no reason why it should not be used in a way described by the contest rules (hard copy),
- a bound paper copy of the thesis including page numbers and table of contents (hard copy)
- an electronic copy in PDF, identical with the paper copy, captioned and delivered on a data storage device (CD or flash drive), preferably packed in a transparent envelope.
The winners will be announced in October 2014 on the website of the JHI.
The works will be judged by the jury of the Contest, comprising academics from the JHI and UW. The president of the jury is prof. dr hab. Andrzej Żbikowski, and the secretary — dr Agnieszka Żółkiewska.
All those interested in the participation in the Contest should read and acquaint themselves with the accompanying rules, declaration and application form. In order to participate in the Contest, they all must be filled out.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to e-mail us on: email@example.com
Please, make sure you write The Balaban Contest in the subject of your email.
We are looking forward to your entries!
The composition of the Jury of the Majer Bałaban Contest for the best Master’s and Doctoral theses on the Jews and Israel:
- Ryszard Burek – orientalist, publisher, the JHI
- dr Helena Datner – historian, sociologist, the JHI
- dr hab. Jan Doktór – historian, the JHI
- dr Paweł Fijałkowski – historian, archeologist, the JHI
- dr Alina Molisak – polonist, literary scholar, UW
- dr Katarzyna Person — historian, the JHI
- dr Bożena Umińska-Keff – literary scholar, journalist, poet, the JHI
- prof. dr hab. Andrzej Żbikowski (chairman) – historian, the JHI
- dr Agnieszka Żółkiewska (secretary) – literary scholar, translator, the JHI