On September 16, 1783, the municipality of Warsaw passed an ordinance, which gave it the total power over the Jews remaining in the capital. Putting the regulations into effect proved to be impossible, because the majority of the Jewish residents in Warsaw had protection of secular or clerical magnats. As a result, on May 14, 1784, Grand Marshal of the Crown, Michał Jerzy Mniszech, announced a new ordinance, which applied until the fall of Poland.
Ordinances for the City of Warsaw from 1783 and 1784 regarding the Jews
Seminar of the Warsaw Research Group